The BM1387 ASIC Chip
The world’s first bitcoin mining ASIC based on the 16nm process node
Bitmain’s BM1387 chip is built using TSMC’s 16nm FinFET technology and, delivering a record-breaking 0.098 J/GHs, is the world’s most efficient bitcoin mining chip in the consumer market. Each Antminer R4 employs 126 such chips to deliver more hashrate and efficiency than any bitcoin miner except the Antminer S9.
A Groundbreaking Custom-design Fan
The R4 will change the meaning of a fan for all bitcoin miners
Fans have long been the single biggest source of noise in any bitcoin miner. The R4’s design team found a simple but unique solution to this problem: to do away with the traditional noisy fan!
Inspired by the “fan” of a silent split air conditioner, we designed a fan that can make less than half the noise of the standard miner fan. What’s more is that its speed is automatically controlled to ensure it never creates more noise than is absolutely necessary.
Special-design Control Board to Reduce Latency
The R4’s control board uses a dual-core ARM® Cortex™-A9 based Application Processor Unit (APU)
Bitmain’s in-house engineered control board for the Antminer R4 employs the Xilinx’s ZYNQ-7000 family system-on-a-chip (SoC) that integrates a feature-rich dual-core ARM® Cortex™-A9 based processing system (PS) as well as a 28 nm Xilinx programmable logic (PL) in a single device and supports Gigabit Ethernet to ensure that mined blocks are submitted instantly.
Meticulously Designed for Your Home
Mega-terahash performance within the space and sound of your home electronics
Producing a sound that’s usually less than 52dB, the R4 manages to deliver a monstrous hashrate of 8.6TH/swith a sound level unseen since the existence of 1TH/s bitcoin miners.
With a height of 100mm, it is slim enough to rest comfortably in your book rack or computer table.
Ease of Use
Antminer’s user interface has been carefully designed keeping in mind the needs of our users
After you have accessed the Antminer’s user interface, all you have to do is to enter your wallet address and mining pool settings before you start mining. The user interface also allows you to customize settings such as the fan speed or the frequency and can be upgraded to new releases from Bitmain.
Optional Custom-built PSU for Further Noise Reduction
We understand that a major component of noise for any bitcoin miner is the Power Supply Unit that powers it. This is why we have simultaneously designed our most advanced and silent PSU to date.
The APW5 works with both 220V and 110V (the standard in North America) input to deliver 2600W and 1300W, respectively. It has a dynamically controlled fan that runs at full speed only after heat sink temperature is 80°C.Click here to learn more or to order now
- Hash Rate8TH/s (Batch 3) and 8.7TH/s (Batch 4). Variation of ±5% is expected
- Maximum Power Consumption845W +9% (at the wall, with Bitmain’s APW5 PSU,93% efficiency, 25°C ambient temp)
- Power Efficiency0.1 J/GH +9% at the wall (with Bitmain’s APW5 PSU, 93% efficiency, 25°C ambient temp)
- Noise52dB (at a test distance of 1M from the air outlet and at ambient temperature of 30°C in a silent room)
- FrequencyAutomatically set
- Chip quantity per unit126 chips (16nm BM1387 ASIC chip)
- Network ConnectionEthernet
- DC Voltage Input11.60 ~13.00V
- Operation Temperature Range10°C to 40°C
- Operation Humidity Range5%RH-95%RH, prevent condensation
- Storage Temperature Range-40°C to 85°C
- Product size515mm (L) x 100mm (W) x 222mm (H)
- Package size610mm (L) x 215mm (W) x 340mm (H)
- Package weight9 kg